What binding agents are used in production of fuel pellets?
- Special additional binding substances are absent. Wooden fuel pellets, as well as other types of biomass-based pellets, do not contain any harmful additives themselves, including glues and other binding admixtures. Durability is acquired due to a substance, named lignin, that is melted under high pressure and heat during fuel wood pallets production process.
What is duration of fuel pellets burning?
- All depends on that, under what terms fuel incineration takes its place, in stoves with controlled air supply it is 4 hours, in outdoor conditions it is 0,5-1,5 hours.
What about pellets durability, do they deform or ruin at transportion or storage?
- Fuel pellets have sufficient durability to resist physical influences, that is provided due to their production under high pressure and heat. Quality pellets almost do not decompose at transportation or storage.
That happens, if a pellet gets wet?
- Getting wet must be eliminated, if you use pellets for heating, it can be at least some cover for pellets. There is a possibility of corresponding packing, that allows to eliminate influence of moisture partialy or fully. In general, any contact with water is not desirable for any type of fuel.
How many fuel pellets are nedded for private household heating?
- Amount of pellets for house heating depends on several factors, three most important are following: (1) place of residence; (2) is your house well heat-insulated or not: it is one thing, when walls are thick and heat-insulated quite enough, but very it is different, when wall has one-brick thickness and there is no heat-insulation; (3) what system of heating is used: if it is not a large stove, that accumulates warm quite well, then fuel elements burn quickly, and you will need to provide pellets in large quantities. For example, if you have experience of using firewoods as a fuel, then to estimate how many fuel pellets are nessesary for a winter to heat a house, you may use following proportion: 1 tonne of pellets equals 4-6 cubic meters of firewood. If for heating a house during winter season you require 15 cubic meters of firewood, then pellets will amount about 3 tonnes.
What pellets are better to use for house heating?
- There are several types of fuel pellets, with different technology of their making. Amount of heat, evolved at combustion, is approximately equal. The main difference is pellets durability and form. So RUF pellets have rectangular form (it makes them comfortable in transportation and warehousing) and durable enough; Pini Kay pellets have form of wooden logs, that also makes them comfortable at warehousing, and additional plus is their dense crust that makes them more steady to moisture influence, it does not mean although, that they can be kept under rain conditions; Nestro pellets have form of pucks and are kept in sacks, usually more water receptive than Pini Kay.